Wednesday, January 14, 2009

In the Beginning

In the Bible, the Book of Genesis talks about how, in the beginning, God created the world out of nothingness. So even before us, God was here. In fact, He is still here with us, making promises to never leave us, and to even make us new creations if we only ask Him to. I will provide more specifcs on that in posts to come...

This is a new year - a new beginning. I pray that for those of you inclined to do so, you ask Jesus into your heart to heal your hurt - to make you new. He will not force His way in and He will not make decisions for you, but He has the ultimate "open door policy" if you only have the courage to walk in.

I am not attempting to persuade anyone toward a particular denomination, though I openly proclaim that I am a born-again non-denominational Christian. I was not always of the Protestant faith; in fact, I grew up Catholic.

So if you have questions about Christ that your friends or the Internet cannot answer, I hope you seek counsel from your local churches, pastors,etc. You may not join the first church you walk into - you may not even agree with the first pastor you speak with - but the point is that you start a new path - a new beginning - and you start your journey to get to know Christ and what He can do in your life.

What Christ intends to do for me might be different than what He intends for you, so your first challenge for the new year will be to ask Him, "Lord, what do you have in store for me?"

Your second challenge will be waiting patiently, quietly, while you listen and look for His answer.

No comments: